Jacqueline Green is the creator and host of the Great Parenting Show, founded in 2010. Over 125 of the world’s top experts have been on her show, talking about almost every parenting-related topic possible.
She’s been interviewed by national newspapers and magazines, as well as on major radio and tv, including the Huffington Post Live.
[Scroll down to read her story …]
Experts on the show have included:
- Dan Pink, the New York Times and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of Drive.
- Dr. Daniel Siegel, a clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine and the founding co-director of the Mindful Awareness Research Center at UCLA.
- Dr. Gordon Neufeld, is a Vancouver-based developmental psychologist with over 40 years of experience with children and youth and those responsible for them.
- Dr. John Gray, the multiple best-selling author of Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.
- Dr. Laura Markham, the very popular psychologist, founder of AHA Parenting, and author.
- Dr. Michelle Borba, probably THE most sought-after parenting educator on the planet!
- Patty Wipfler, the Founder and Program Director of Hand in Hand Parenting.
- Shelly Lefkoe, a much sought after parenting expert who is the co-author of the book Chicken Soup for the Soul – Guide to Effective Parenting.
- Susan Stiffelman, is an internationally respected parent educator, therapist, author and Huffington Post contributor.
Click here to see the full list of speakers who’ve been interviewed in the show.
She’s also the author of the upcoming book, Strong Enough to Stay: Smart Enough to Go.
At 30, Jacqueline Green, BA, was delighted to leave her corporate career in communications to become a mom. Soon though, her dreams of family bliss turned into a nightmare of overwhelm. Not only was she hit with postpartum depression, rage that left her fearing she would be an abusive mom, and debilitating, crippling perfectionism, but her marriage was rapidly disintegrating.
Like too many moms, at her lowest, she contemplated leaving the planet. She knew what a cruel legacy suicide would leave her children, and she wanted so desperately to have a great family life. She committed instead to finding solutions to her seemingly insurmountable problems.
Her message is one of profound hope, based on her personal journey, and those of thousands of parents with whom she’s worked. Her approach is mostly that of a mom who found a path to a great family life, and wants to share what worked for her. Along the way she taught the iconic How to Talk so that Kids will Listen courses, took instructor’s training and taught Active Parenting courses, and mentored briefly with Dr. Gordon Neufeld, whose best-selling book Hold on to your Kids is a must read for anyone who works with children, or was once a child and wants to understand his or her own development.
The international GPS community of tens of thousands of parents, are all committed to getting the support and information they need to be the best parent possible, while enjoying the journey.
Although Jacqueline was born in the US, you will hear from her accent that she grew up in Canada!